The best golf resorts in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean may be your choice for your next vacation. Turn them into a golf vacation in train and play! There are so many package deals available to make your trip so much more than a break from your routine. A golf vacation will be a hands-on experience to enhance your golf game, enjoy a fantastic and luxurious setting, and visit a different state or country. This planning guide will show you some of the best rated golf resorts in the world.
Whether you make a reservation for yourself or through an experienced golf travel specialist, start your online search where you can find top-class golf courses and travel deals. Rates, resort amenities and golf course details are available. But look for more packages that include airfare, hotel accommodation and green fees to get your best value. The typical Golf Resort vacation package includes most of these features:
- Air fare
- Accommodation in the complex
- Confirmed t-shirt times
- Prepaid green commissions
- Shared cart for 18 holes
- Equipment rental
- Golf lessons
- Meals in exclusive restaurants
- Transfers to the course
- Airport transfers
- All taxes and service charges
Golf courses are planned in a beautiful setting where you can enjoy sea breezes or views of the lush vegetation, and you can combine golf with other amenities of the resort to provide a complete holiday.
For example, try one of the many Club Med Golf resorts with beautiful trade fair venues in the most unforgettable and welcoming venues around the world. Club Med offers deals that include the best equipment and golf lessons for all levels. Its locations include Cancun, Mexico, as well as Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Other locations extend around the world: Turks and Caicos, Mauritius, Portugal, France, Italy, Brazil, Thailand, Morocco, Egypt, Senegal and the United States: Sandpiper Bay, Florida.
Scotland has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world and there are approximately 100 resorts, called “golf hotels”, among the more than 500 golf courses across the country. The best known are Turnberry, Gleneagles and The Old Course Hotel St. Andrews. Each has a spa, leisure facilities, excellent restaurants and “golf license plate” packages for all levels.
Mexico has numerous golf resorts located in luxurious coastal locations. There are golf resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos. In addition, Mexico has its Baja version of California’s famous “Pebble Beach” golf resort called Bajamar, a few hours drive from San Diego, Ensenada.
For the United States, check out some of the golf resorts suggested by key magazines such as Golflinkwhich publishes The 100 best golf courses in the United States. This number is the best of more than 21,000 public and private golf courses across the country. However, within these one hundred courses, you want to look for resorts with package programs and golf lessons. Among the top 100, you’ll find that the top vacation destination states with golf resorts are in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas. Let’s review these states to find the best locations:
- In sunny and always temperate Florida, Med’s Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy Club offers 2- or 3-day golf courses. The Academy includes all aspects of the game, such as Xipping, Putting, Bunker, Pitching and Lob Shot, Full Swing with Irons and Woods. A video analyzing your swing and an optional video comparing your swing to that of a professional player are provided. In addition, the area in and around Miami has regional golf resorts for year-round vacations. Each resort offers services and amenities, both on and off the road, and minutes from Miami’s main attractions, such as South Beach and Miami MetroZoo. Here you will have plenty of options during your golf vacation.
- Arizona has good weather for many months of the year and Scottsdale has close to 200 golf courses, many with the picturesque Sonoran Desert bottom. It is a golf destination with golf schools and professional shops. Here, many resorts offer high-quality accommodation and championship golf courses. Most golf resorts offer packages where hotel guests can enjoy discounts on green fees. In addition, Sedona, Arizona, offers numerous golf resorts with a mild year-round climate and spectacular panoramic views of red rocks.
- In California, Pebble Beach is known for being a small coastal golf destination located in beautiful Monterey County. It is home to the prominent Pebble Beach Golf Links, the Pebble Beach Lodge and the prestigious Inn at Spanish Bay. Every year, golfers once again rub shoulders with golf professionals and experience nature to the fullest on the magnificent golf course designed by top golf course designers. The harmony of the golf designs and the majestic coastline are stunning!
- Another golfer’s paradise is conveniently located along the South Atlantic coast on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It combines natural beauty and world-class golf on a barrier island 12 miles long and five miles wide. Nicklaus, Palmer and other golf legends have often played in these championships. Since the first course opened in Sea Pines in 1961, there are now emerald links in Harbor Town and exceptional courses in Bluffton, as the Hilton Head area has become a major golf center. It is legendary for its spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, scenic swamps and maritime forests with great wildlife. The temperate climate and year-round sun also make Hilton Head Island the perfect place to enjoy it.
- Las Vegas, Nevada is quietly emerging as one of the fastest growing golf destinations in the United States amidst the appeal and glamor of its casinos. The city’s huge convention center and countless hotel rooms make it a natural haven for large-scale golf events. With year-round sunshine and mild temperatures, and plenty to do after a full day of golf, from gambling to entertaining shows, this golf destination will continue to grow.
- CNN ranked Austin, Texas as the No. 1 golfer in its 2010 Golf.com. Framed by Texas Hill Country, Austin Golf Courses are among the best in the United States. The region is highlighted by the Wolfdancer Golf Club, which was named number 56 a Golf weekThe top 100 golf courses in the resort in 2009. In addition to being a great city of contemporary music and home to many celebrities, Austin offers vacation golfers a great barbecue, an idyllic climate all year round. luxury accommodations.
Your best package deal will be at all-inclusive resorts, where airfare, lodging, meals and golf activities become a single price. Alternatively, consider traditional hotels and resorts in the suggested locations. With a little online planning, one of the best golf resorts in the world may be your affordable option. Enjoy the location, exploring the region as you improve the game of golf and offer a joyful and complete vacation to your family and loved ones.
(c) 2012 Elizabeth McMillian